TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR THE “CLEAN & CLEAR® #SEETHEREALME GIRL BAND AUDITIONS”
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Contest period:
CLEAN & CLEAR® #SEETHEREALME GIRL BAND AUDITIONS (the “Contest”) begins on 20th February 2017 00:01 Greenwich Mean Time (“GMT+4”) and ends at 1st April 23:59 GMT+4 (subject to change without notice) (“Contest Period”). Only during the Contest Period will entries be accepted for the Contest.
Johnson & Johnson Middle East FZ-LLC, P.O. Box 505080, Dubai – United Arab Emirates ("the Sponsor")
3.1 Is only open to Participants (“the Participant”) who are at the date of entry twelve (12) years of age or above, and are the legal residents of the Gulf Cooperative Countries (“GCC”), Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Morocco, Algeria, or Tunisia.
3.2 Employees of Sony Music Entertainment and Johnson & Johnson Middle East FZ-LLC, and each of their respective parents, shareholders, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotion and advertising agencies and other paid endorsers, agents, and members of their immediate families (spouse and parent, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household, whether or not related, of such employees are not eligible to enter or win.
3.3 This Contest is fully compliant with the local laws and regulations of the above stated countries. Whenever there is a discrepancy between these rules and the local applicable laws, the latter supersedes.
3.4 Participation in this Contest constitutes the Participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Terms & Conditions and the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. The Participant is aware that winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. How To Enter The Contest and Submission Criteria:
Johnson & Johnson Middle East FZ-LLC will have a call to action on Monday 6th February 2017 where Participants will be required to audition in the form of a video recording. Participants must record and submit their audition entry submission via Clean & Clear®’s See The Real Me Arabia microsite at www.seetherealmearabia.com. Entrants are also encouraged but not required to share to their recording to their own social media account(s) along with the following two hashtags: #SeeTheRealMe #Sing4The5.
Johnson & Johnson Middle East FZ-LLC shall have no liability for any expenses incurred by Participants when creating any submission for the Contest. All information provided by the applicant about themselves must be true and accurate. The applicant will take full responsibility of the Content of his/her participation and against any claims whatsoever which might be raised by any third parties with regard to his/her participation or nomination.
All entries must be submitted through Clean & Clear®’s SeeTheRealMeArabia microsite at www.seetherealmearabia.com. Entrants are also encouraged but not required to share to their recording to their own social media account(s) along with the following two hashtags: #SeeTheRealMe and #Sing4The5. Once submitted, entries cannot be revised, supplemented or withdrawn. However, each Participant is allowed to submit multiple times.
Invalid entries (late, incomplete and/or corrupt) will not be accepted. Johnson & Johnson Middle East FZ-LLC will not be held responsible for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Johnson & Johnson Middle East FZ-LLC has the right to reject entries that do not conform to the applicable laws, regulations and customs as well as the Terms & Condition’s herein and the Johnson & Johnson Middle East FZ-LLC policies. Johnson & Johnson Middle East FZ-LLC will contact the Participant via the contact details provided through the microsite at the time of submission, if the Participant has been shortlisted, to verify their participation.
- The submission must comply with the Terms and Conditions of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Tumblr if shared to social media;
- The submission must be Participant’s own and individual performance and not sourced from any other party, except where they sing along to the karaoke versions of The5’s singles, provided on the microsite;
- The submission can be in any language;
- The participant must ensure there is no nudity and that his/her video and story would not be deemed offensive to the general public;
- The submission cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion and/or Contest of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means.
- The submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- The submission must not disparage the Sponsor, its products, services, or any other person or party affiliated with the Contest;
- The submission must not contain brand names, brand logos, or trademarks without permission, to the extent permission is necessary, other than those owned by Sponsor, which Participant has a limited license to use to create and enter a submission in this Contest;
- The submission must not contain brand names, brand logos, or trademarks of any product that competes with CLEAN & CLEAR®’s products;
- The submission must not contain content not created by the Participant themselves;
- The submission must not contain material that the Sponsor deems to be inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The submission must not contain material that Sponsor deems to promote bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or to promote discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- The submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where submission is created.
Failure of any of the above will unfortunately lead to disqualification from the Contest and may lead to deletion of entry. The Sponsor reserves the right to reject and remove any submission without prior notice.
Approved submissions may be used for other promotional activity or for commercial purposes on and offline during and after the Contest (e.g. On Facebook, Display ads, billboards, TV ads etc.) without a royalty fee or any chargeable claim from the Participant for an indefinite period of time.
Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the submission process are void. Participant must have permission from all individuals that appear in the Submission (if any) to use their name and likeness in the submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested, Participant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor.
Uploading a submission constitutes Participant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable, assignable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions, including the names, likenesses and performances embodied therein, in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, Participant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights Participant is granting to use the submission. Released Parties (as defined in Section 8, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, inaccurate, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected submissions or votes; all of which will be void.
In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the mobile phone that they used to register will be deemed to be the Participant. The potential Winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. The Winners will be designated on the basis and expectation of fair and compliant participation in the Contest. If any doubt is raised, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the participation of such a Participant. The Sponsor is not responsible for the Content edited by the sender: text, audio, images, or videos. If any Content is considered as inappropriate or offensive, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the participation of the Participant and remove their content from the entry web platform and from all social platforms to which it is posted.
5. Winner Determination:
The Top 10 entries will be shortlisted by CLEAN & CLEAR® (Johnson & Johnson Middle East FZ-LLC) and The5 (Sony Music Entertainment Middle East). Once these Top 10 are released, the Winners will be selected through fan voting on the same website where audition entries were submitted (www.seetherealmearabia.com). The Winners of the prize will be contacted within one (1) month following their identification. Johnson & Johnson Middle East FZ-LLC has the right to disqualify or reject a shortlisted or winning nominee whose entry does not conform to the applicable laws, regulations and customs. The Winners will be contacted directly by the Sponsor or their representative agency via the contact details (mobile phone number) the Participant has provided.
CLEAN & CLEAR® and The5 will make their decisions for the Top 10 short list via the following criteria:
- Fulfillment of Contest requirements
- Originality of submission
- Creativity of submission
- Talent/Star Power, or apparent potential talent/star power displayed in the audition recording
Winners must claim the prize within seven (7) days after being privately contacted by the Sponsor or their representative agency. The Winners can claim the prize using the following options:
- Directly answer the message/email sent by the Sponsor or their representative agency;
- Contact the Sponsor by phone +971-44297377;
- Email [email protected]; or
- Send a message directly to the CLEAN & CLEAR® ARABIA Facebook page inbox.
If the prize is not claimed within seven (7) days after being privately contacted by the Sponsor or their representative agency, the Winner loses their right to claim the prize from the Sponsor and the Sponsor has no obligation to such Winner.
6. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”):
- The prize consists of the opportunity for the winner to join the band, The5, and musician Nathalie Saba, at Music Boot Camp. The details of the music camp location and dates will be disclosed to the Winner after they have been notified.
- A total of three (3) Winners will be selected.
- If the Winner does not reside in the country in which music camp is to be held, the Winner will receive an economy class return air ticket to the Winner’s country of residence.
- In the case the Winner is a minor (under the age of 18), the Winner will receive two (2) return tickets to the Winner’s country of residence, for the Winner and the Winner’s parent/guardian
- If the Winner does not reside in the country in which music camp is to be held, the Winner will receive hotel accommodation provided for the winner for five (5) nights.
- In the case the Winner is a minor (under the age of 18), the Sponsor will provide hotel accommodation for two (2) persons for five (5) nights for the Winner and the Winner’s parent/legal guardian.
- Ground transportations are included with this prize for Winner and Winner’s accompanying parent or legal guardian to and from the Music Camp location and the hotel.
In the case of the Winner not being able fully attend the writing camp on the required dates, the Winner will be disqualified. The prize is non-transferable. By submitting to the Contest, the Participant acknowledges and accepts that Content from their submission will be collected and released to the public for press releases, marketing, and other promotional materials on any form of media.
By accepting the prize, the Winner acknowledges that the video, audio recordings, and additional Content produced during music camp, in which the Winner will be featured, will be released to the public for press releases, marketing, and other promotional materials on any form of media. Acceptance of the prize also implies parental/legal guardian consent to the above has been received by the Winner.
In order for the Sponsor or its authorized local distributor to issue the winning air tickets, the Winner must provide the passport information for themselves and the Winner’s accompanying parent or legal guardian to the Sponsor or its authorized local distributor within seven (7) days after being privately contacted by the Sponsor or their representative agency. If the Winner fails to provide this information within seven (7) days after being privately contacted by the Sponsor or their representative agency, the Sponsor has no obligation to such Winner or the Winner’s accompanying parent or legal guardian.
- Visa and other expenses related to permissions will be on the Winner
- Optional tours or activities are not included.
- The Sponsor will not be responsible for medical insurance and other unexpected costs that may occur during the trip such as travel delays, airline strikes etc.
- Winner will need to sign a guest waiver form in order to be eligible at the time of claiming the prize.
Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes Winner's consent for the Sponsor and each of its designees to use Winner's name, likeness, submission, prize information, city and state of residence for advertising, promotional and other purposes, in any manner, in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further consideration, notification or permission.
A video will be collated from the Participants’ submissions at the end of the Contest with or without amends, which will not be subject to any royalty fee or any chargeable claim from the Participants for an indefinite period of time. All approved submissions will be used across multiple public digital media and offline marketing materials to celebrate entries.
All approved submissions and the song montage may be used for commercial purposes on and offline during and after the Contest (e.g. On Facebook, Display ads, billboards, TV ads etc.) without a royalty fee or any chargeable claim from the Participant for indefinite period of time.
By entering, the Participant and their respective parent(s)/guardian(s) agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/digital/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of the prize.
9. General Conditions:
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Content, or any part of it, if any fraud, unauthorized intervention, tampering, technical failures, human error or any other factor (including, without limitation, the existence of any virus, bugs, worms) impairs the integrity, operation, security, fairness, or proper functioning of the Contest, and/or the administration of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the Winner from among all non-suspects, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Terms & Conditions of this Contest or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms & Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability:
Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Participant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the submission process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network, human or other error or problem which may occur in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of submissions or the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, garbled, delayed, misdirected, inaccurate, damaged or stolen email or mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Participant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any submission.
11. Participant’s Personal Information:
Details about the Participant will be used to contact the Winner and to ensure eligibility. The Sponsor will request the Participants’ email address, phone number, or social media account information to be able to contact them in case they have won the prize.
12. Music Camp Winners:
The Winners’ names and entries will be disclosed across multiple public digital media and offline media.
13. All Approved Submissions:
A video may be collated from your submissions at the end of the Contest with or without amends, which will not be subject to any royalty fee or any chargeable claim from the Participant for indefinite period of time. All submissions may be used together or individually across multiple public digital media and offline marketing materials to celebrate entries.
14. Collection statement:
If you have any questions about these Terms & Condition, please contact us as follows: Call +971-44297377 or write to Johnson & Johnson Middle East FZ-LLC, PO Box 505080, Dubai, United Arab Emirates or email [email protected].