How to prevent blackheads
Follow our simple steps to help prevent blackheads popping up in the first place:
- Always use oil-free washes, moisturisers and make-up to avoid adding to the excess oil your skin is already producing
- Keep your hair away from your face, as natural oils in your hair can also add to the problem
- Don’t wash your face more than twice a day to avoid over-drying and irritating the skin
- It can be tempting, but try to avoid squeezing blackheads. They won’t really pop in the same way spots do anyway as the oil, dirt and dead skin cells are packed too tightly into the opening of the pore. Squeezing will just result in irritating the healthy skin around the blackhead.
- Use a cleanser with salicylic acid like those in the CLEAN & CLEAR® Blackhead Clearing Range.